Broader Public Sector (BPS) Accountability
Procurement and Expenses Directive
In 2011, the Ontario Government issued two directives designated to all Broader Public Sector (BPS) organizations — a Procurement Directive and an Expenses Directive. BPS organizations are publicly funded organizations that receive operational funding from the Ontario Government. Family and Children’s Services Niagara is a BPS organization.
The purpose of the Procurement Directive is:
- To ensure that publicly funded goods and services, including construction, consulting services, and information technology are acquired by BPS organizations through a process that is open, fair, and transparent;
- To outline responsibilities of BPS organizations throughout each stage of the procurement process; and
- To ensure that procurement processes are managed consistently throughout the Broader Public Sector.
Our Procurement Policy is posted here.
The purpose of the Expenses Directive is:
- To outline the expense rules for the following individuals making an expense claim: Employees, Board Members, Foster Caregivers, Volunteers and Consultants and Contractors engaged by the Society.
Our Expenses Policy is posted here.
Executive Level Staff Travel Expenses
Effective April 1, 2016, policy directive CW 001-16 issued under s. 20.1 of the Child and Family Services Act requires all children’s aid societies to post year-end audited actual travel expenses incurred by executive-level staff on their websites on an annual basis.
These Travel Expenses can be viewed here.
BPS Business Documents Directive
Effective January 1, 2016, the BPS Business Documents Directive outlines requirements for designated BPS organizations to post business plans and other business and financial documents to their public website. The Directive applies to all designated BPS organizations, as defined under the Broader Public Sector Accountability Act, 2010.
The Directive is intended to provide the public with a means to understand the business objectives and overall operations of these organizations, and to bring consistency and transparency across designated BPS organizations.
We invite you to review our 2015-2016 Business Documents through the following links:
Identity and Policies
- 2016 FACS Annual Report Combined French and English
- Ontario Broader Public Sector Code Of Ethics
- 2011 Role of FACS booklet
- 2011 Role of FACS booklet – French
- Complaint Brochure
- Strategic Plan
- Strategic Plan – French
- Travel, Meals & Hospitality Policy August 2015
- Perquisites 2015-2016
- Executive Travel Expenses 2015-2016