Who We Are
A lot has changed in our community and our world since the founding of Family and Children’s Services Niagara in 1898, but our organization’s commitment to safe kids and strong families holds true. Through an extensive portfolio of programming, including child protection, fostering and adoption, counselling, and childcare, FACS Niagara protects our community’s children, strengthens its families, and helps youth and adults achieve their full potential.
Our FACS Niagara mission, vision and values serve as our guidepost for every action we take and each decision we make.
We Are Caring
We Are Respectful
We Are Collaborative
We Act With Integrity
We Are Accountable
365 Days of Support
In a typical year, FACS provides a wide range of community support for over 5,000 children and youth, including:
- Comprehensive follow up on 6000+ referrals related to children in need of protection
- 2000+ child protection investigations
- Ongoing child protection services for 3500+ families
- Mental health support for 1400+ clients through the FACS Niagara Family Counselling Centre
- Childcare services for 100+ Niagara kids
- Educational grants to 50 Niagara students to help deserving youth pursue post-secondary studies
- Full French language support for Niagara’s Francophone families
Prudent Budget Management
In 2021-22, FACS oversaw the investment of $49,274,000 toward Niagara child welfare and community programming.
Caring Support That Gets Noticed
In the Ministry of Community, Children and Social Services 2021 Annual Review, FACS Niagara was recognized for:
- 100% compliance related to children and youth placed in extended society care for 24 consecutive months
- 100% compliance related to all Indigenous service requirements
“FACS gets a GOLD STAR most years – but especially this year! You could not do any better.” Ministry Reviewer