Are you concerned about a child or family in your community? Are you overwhelmed and struggling to ensure the appropriate care and safety of your children? If you feel that a child may be at risk for abuse or neglect, please contact us immediately. If you or someone you know needs help, please call. We can help.
- FACS will take your information and assess what needs to be done. If it is not a child protection concern, we may make a referral to other helping community agencies. If there is a child protection concern, we will investigate further.
- We may provide short term intervention to assist a family, or longer term support to ensure that the children are safe and well cared for. Only in cases where all options have been exhausted and the children still remain at risk, or if they are at immediate risk, do we bring children into care.
Our rate of admission to care is less than 4%; 96% of the children we serve remain in the care of their parents. We try to place children with appropriate kin and extended family members or approved foster homes. 75% of children in care return to their parents or family members in less than 3 months.
- Did you know that it is the legal and ethical duty of every person in Ontario to report their concerns about a child who may be at risk for abuse or neglect? You do not have to have proof – only a genuine concern to make a report. You can call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and you can report anonymously or confidentiality.
- Report immediately. Report directly. And report any ongoing concerns or new information. Reports must be made by phone or in person.
- Not sure if it is “reportable?”. When in doubt, check it out. Call for a consultation.