Are you feeling overwhelmed by life’s challenges? Has a recent or past loss or trauma become more than you can mange on your own? Are you living with the effects of abuse or violence in your life? Or are you seeking services for an adult family member who has a developmental delay?
You are not alone. We can help.
Our Family Counselling Centre services are available to all community members in the Niagara region, with a variety of funding and payment options – some based on income, some fully funded and free of charge.
- The Family Counselling Centre also provides Critical Incident Stress Management services and Employee Assistance Programs to local employers in the area.
- We offer individual, couples and family counselling at several locations in Niagara. Our counsellors are fully qualified and have the expertise to address a wide variety of concerns such as depression, stress, anger and grief. We can also assist with personal, relationship and parenting issues, as well as incidents related to violence and trauma.
- We have a number of programs and groups to assist women and children experiencing family violence. We also work with individuals to overcome abusive attitudes and behaviours. Special programs are offered to help victims of child abuse and their families, and we operate a single session walk-in clinic in Niagara Falls.
- Our Adult Protective Service program assists adults, who have a developmental delay, to live independently in the community.
- Our services are completely confidential and we are fully accredited by the Canadian Centre for Accreditation. We are pleased to have United Way support for many of our programs.
The Family Counselling Centre is always developing new programs to assist parents, children, youth, families and individuals in our community. For more information about any of our programs and services, call the Family Counselling Centre at (905) 937-7731.